September 20, 2013
A total of four individuals were killed, or were found dead, and two were wounded in ongoing drug and gang violence in southern Chihuahua municipalities, according to Mexican news reports.
- A man in his 50s was found executed in Guachochi municipality near the municipal garbage dump on a road near Creel Wednesday. The victim has been shot multiple times with an AK-47 rifle. A message was left at the scene which said the victim was a “rat”.
- A youth was found shot to death in Guadalupe y Calvo municipality Friday. Said Alejandro Insunza De la Cruz, 22, was found on the Guadalupe y Calvo to Parral road near the Rio Verde bridge shot once in the forehead. The news report said Insunza De la Cruz was from Culican, Sinaloa.
- One man was shot to death and another was wounded in a home invasion attack in Guadalupe y Calvo municipality Thursday. Joel Gardea Gutierrez, 30, was killed and a youth identified as Isaias RG, 18, was wounded when three armed suspects wearing black and donning hoods entered a residence in the village of Potrero de Llano Grand, threatening to kill both of the victims. When the victims attempted to flee, they were fired on by the suspects who used AK-47 rifles.
- An unidentified individual was found dead in Guachochi municipality Monday. A saw mill worker found a human jawbone in Mesa, near Roseachi. Police officials later found more human remains at the scene.
- A man was shot and wounded during a celebration in Guadalupe y Calvo municipality last Sunday. Jose Galdino Carrillo Almanza, 40, reportedly left his home in El Durazno at about 1400 hrs Sunday afternoon but was found six hours later shot. He was transported by air to Guadalupe y Calvo for medical treatment.