RSS Feed

Coahuila: Missing Governor Candidate Found Murdered

Posted on

June 30, 2013

Francisco Navarro Montenegro, was local and federal congressman twice and candidate for Governor, his body was identified today by his son, as one of the two bodies found early this morning.
The bodies of two men were located Saturday morning, at different times, in Libramiento Óscar Flores Tapia, one of them was identified as Francisco Navarro Montenegro, who had been both a federal and local congressman twice, candidate for Governor, and founder of the Socialist Workers Party (PST) which later became the party of the Cardenista front for national reconstruction (PFCRN) and a leader of colonias.
Five days ago, there was information that Montenegro Navarro (who was 64 years old) was missing, but his family said he was out of town, that was he was OK and didn´t file a  report of disappearance or kidnapping.
 
The State leader of the Social Democratic Party (PSD) Samuel Acevedo Flores, who was his closest collaborator and political worker, is reportedly deeply saddened by the death of the leader and friend said: “We´ve lost one of the most important political assets of the left in Coahuila, because he was a social activist who defended the  causes of the poor”.
The news spread through social networks, but it wasn´t until this Saturday  that the Attorney General of Justice of the State (PGJE) reported that a criminal preliminary investigation had been initiated about the killing of two men whose bodies had been found in the Óscar Flores Tapia libramiento, after an anonymous call to the emergency system.
Investigating police, experts in criminology and an agent of the public prosecutor were dispatched to the area and found one of the bodies at 10:30 am at kilometer 5 + 400; the other deceased was found among the bushes 45 minutes later, at 11:15 at km 5 + 900 of the same road.
 
The bodies were found in an industrial area close to Saltillo

The bodies were transferred to the forensic medical service for the necropsy of law, in order to determine the causes of death.
At 13:00 one of the victims was identified by one of his sons as Francisco Navarro Montenegro, said the PGJE and pointed out that the identity of the other man is unknown because he carried no ID.
Sources close to the investigation revealed that he had been kidnapped on Tuesday and a hefty ransome payment was demanded, however although it was paid they killed him anyway.
Source: EL Universal-“Lala” and “Texcoco” Forum

About Doc

Spreading the word about the dangers of methamphetamine.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: